Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going back to Africa

It's been exactly a year, and i'm going back to Africa, so it made sense to use this blog again.

This time I am heading to Liberia on the West Coast of Africa. I will be in Monrovia with IceAid, a relatively new Independent Icelandic Development and Humanitarian Agency. In 2006 they rehabilitated the Alfred and Agnes Memorial Orphanage, and this trip we will be building a new health clinic. I don't really know what to expect from this trip, but i shall try and write about it as often as possible.

The last few weeks have been crazy, trying to finish exams, and plan things for the trip. I also, with the help of a wonderful boyfriend and friends, planned a couple of fundraising events.

It's now 1am, and i'm thinking about packing. I have to head to the airport in 4 hours. Ouch.

No comments: