Sunday, December 17, 2006

$1 a day challenge

A large percentage of people in Mozambique live on less than $1 (about 27MTn), so I'm going to try and live on 25Mtn a day for a month. I need some help with conditions for the challenge.
 
Importantly, I won't have a lump sum at the beginning of the month from which i can buy a bag of coal, rice etc. I get 25 on the first day, so if i need to buy something big i'll have to save up for it.

I can accept food from people, and I can use my cellphone (please).
 
Do people have ideas of certain big things i should buy or do during the challenge?
So far I have come up with:
 
* an item of clothing
* an alcholic drink
* fix my bicycle
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might need to set aside some medical stuff so your not completely buggered if you get ill.
Ask some of the ladies for their recipies and where they get stuff from...they might be able to help as they probs live by the 25 a day thing.
Happy new year! x x